Sunday, August 8, 2010

5 more days...

Currently Reading:

The Artist's Way - A spiritual path to higher creativity
A thoughtful going-away gift from a coworker.  Cause I need to nurture my inner artist child.

The Way We Eat
Borrowed from my ethically conscious boyfriend.  Cause we can always use a refresher.

Currently Packed:


1.  50 L backpacking pack
2.  18 L day pack with 2 L water bag thingy aka "hydration system"
3.  30 degree sleeping bag
4.  Water-proof pants
5.  Rain coat
6.  Water-proof hiking boots
7.  Wool long-johns
8.  3 pair wool hiking socks
9.  Fleece windbreaker
10.  3 long sleeve undershirts
11.  7 pairs underwear
12.  2 pair jeans
13.  Gloves
14.  Tacky neon fanny-pack
15.  Hoody
16.  Head lamp
17.  Plug converter/adapter
18.  Camera
19.  Iphone
20.  Old family bandanna

Just Purchased: 

For those of you that know me personally (and perhaps this is even too personal) I love crazy new hygiene inventions - especially ones that make life easier for women, cause there's a ton of stupid crap we have to put up with.  I'm super excited about having these on the 13 hour plane ride, gross foreign bathrooms, and out in the wilderness! 
The "Urinelle" - Urinating Cone for Women


There were a lot of different choices out there, but come on, how could I not go with that name? Plus they are biodegradable! Which doesn't beat some of the silicone/reusable ones they have out there, but who really wants to carry some pee soaked piece of rubber around with them for later cleaning?

Today's Disappointment:

I just got a list of my fellow volunteers.
   - 6 people (other than me)
   - 3 girls
   - 3 guys
   ALL BUT ONE OF THEM ARE FROM THE USA!

laaaaame

Oh well.  Still excited.  REALLY!

4 comments:

  1. Dang, can't even leave America behind. It's gotta follow you around the world... :P
    All those supplies makeme giddy for travel, safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing while peeing! How exciting.

    Great gear, soldier.

    I've now added your blog into my google reader. I am embarking on an exciting adventure of legitimate following. annd vicarious living. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect an entire blog entry devoted to the peeing-while-standing experience, young lady.

    I'd love to hear what you think of "The Artist's Way" - it's been recommended to me a zillion times, but I've never broken down & read it.

    ReplyDelete